Query vehicle details, ownership details, money owing and more.
API Endpoint URL
Navigate to https://test.carjam.co.nz/?testplates=1 and scroll down the page to get test registration number plates.
Request GET Parameters
- plate — plate or VIN
- key — API key
- basic — "1" to return basic vehicle information. Default: 1. To disable set it to "0".
- owners — "1" to return ownership history information. Default: 0.
- owner — "1" to return current owner details. Default: 0.
- ppsr — "1" to return PPSR, money owing information. Default: 0.
- ppsrh — it is a complementary parameter to "ppsr". When set to "1" the past plates will be searched to find money owing hidden on the past plates. Additional charges will apply.
- rucs — "1" to return RUC history. Default: 0.
- motfuel — "1" to return Motfuel/FuelSaver information. Default: 0.
- translate — "1" to provide human translations for the raw encoded values. Separate tags prefixed with 'h' are created. Default: 0.
- cache — enables lookup of basic information in CarJam cache before going to NZTA. More details below.
- f — "XML" or "json". default is xml.
- warnings — "1" to returns compulsory recalls, write-off and other warnings.
cache can be:
- 0 - always live
- 1 - The default cache period is 10 years
- Or any valid string accepted by http://php.net/manual/en/function.strtotime.php ie you can specify “-1 month”
If there is an error an xml returned will have a top-level tag 'error'. Here is an example:
<error> <code>-1</code> <message>Requires an API key</message> <class>wterror</class> </error>
For successful results, a top-level tag of 'message' is returned. The message will contain the following sub-tags:
- idh — includes free and basic facts details
- ioh — includes ownership information when requested
- ppsr — includes PPSR search summary and how many financing statements are registered
- ppsr_details — includes the details of each financing statement (up to 50)
- money_owing — includes PPSR collateral matches and overall money owing match decision
- motfuel — includes FuelSaver details
- and sometimes more...
Basic vehicle information request example
Some values are coded. Follow the links to the translation tables. You can also add &translate=1 which will return an extra message's sub-tag 'hidh' containing the same information but in a more human-readable form.
- Basic vehicle data
- Basic vehicle, ownership and no PPSR
- Basic vehicle, ownership and PPSR with translation
- All times and dates are represented as UNIX timestamp.
- Many values are coded. See Tags and Codes for definitions.