🛡 $250,000 Ownership Guarantee
Ownership Guarantee – Carjam Online Limited hereby provides an optional guarantee to you that the Vehicle will not be repossessed because the Full Carjam Report does not disclose any registered security for money owing on the Vehicle or that the Vehicle has been reported to the Police as stolen. The terms and conditions of this Guarantee are as follows:
- Clone – a stolen vehicle or one which has been written off which has the identity of another vehicle.
- Full Carjam Report – a full Carjam Report provided by us including Basic Facts, Money Owing and Ownership History and for which the optional Ownership Guarantee has been purchased at the time of purchase.
- Number Plate – the registration details of the Vehicle
- NZTA – New Zealand Transport Agency
- PPSR – Personal Property Securities Register
- VIN – Vehicle Identification Number
- We or Us – Carjam Online Limited
- You – the person making the enquiry on line from us.
Our liability under this Guarantee extends only in respect of the Vehicle referred to in the Full Carjam Report. We do not have liability for any other claims arising out of repossession of the Vehicle except in the circumstances set out in this Guarantee.
If the Vehicle is repossessed due to false or inaccurate information which we provide in the Full Carjam Report, then we will provide compensation for direct loss which you suffer in consequence up to the limits and subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions.
The Guarantee will not apply if:
- You have any information at the time of purchase suggesting or giving you reason to believe or suspect that the Vehicle may be stolen or have money owing on it or have any other defect or problem in respect of which you are making a claim.
- The information provided by us does not match entirely the information appearing on the registration certificate.
- The VIN which you supplied does not match the VIN for the Vehicle in the Full Carjam Report.
- All VIN markings on the Vehicle are not the same.
- The optional Ownership Guarantee was not purchased at the time of the Full Carjam Report purchase
We do not guarantee the condition of the Vehicle.
If the repossession is in respect of a security registered with the PPSR then the security must contain a unique identifier in the form of a VIN, chassis number or registration plate matching the identifier in the Full Carjam Report.
No claim can be made on the Guarantee after 6 months from the date on which you obtain the Full Carjam Report or the date of sale of the Vehicle by you, whichever occurs first.
This Guarantee cannot be transferred on the sale of the Vehicle nor it is assignable to any other person.
The Guarantee does not extend to and we will not be liable for:
- Any incorrect or incomplete information from NZTA or PPSR.
- Any Vehicles which have been stolen but which are not recorded as stolen in the Police database at the time of purchase of the Full Carjam Report.
- Any claim arising from any event which occurred before the Vehicle was first registered with NZTA.
- Any claim you make if you are unable to provide us with full contact details for the Vendor of the Vehicle which is in use at the time you make the claim.
- Any claim where you withhold material information from us when you make the claim or where you supply us with false or inaccurate information when making the claim.
- Any claim where you fail to cooperate with us or the Police.
- Any claim when you know that the claim or any part of it is fraudulent or untrue.
- Any information we provide in respect of Vehicles registered in any country other than New Zealand at the time of the purchase of the Full Carjam Report.
- Any claim where the Vehicle is not purchased and in your possession within 14 days following the Full Carjam Report.
- Any claim based on anything which has occurred after the Full Carjam Report is issued by us.
- Any claim where the number plate and VIN you supplied do not match for the Vehicle.
- Any claim in respect of a Vehicle which you have obtained by fraud or deception.
- Any claim in respect of any misdescription of a Vehicle or the condition or quality or value of the Vehicle.
- Any claim based on a Full Carjam Report which has issued in respect of a cloned Vehicle.
- Any claim in respect of information supplied to us which is not produced or controlled by us.
- Any claim in respect of a vehicle on the NZTA Motor Vehicle Registers Confidential Register at the time of purchase of the Full CarJam Report.
- Any claim in respect of "PPSR Search" or other Products which are purchased independently of a Full CarJam Report.
We do not have any liability to you in respect of any claim exceeding the following financial limits:-
- A total sum not exceeding $250,000 or the market value of the Vehicle as at the date of claim or the price you paid for the Vehicle or a sum payable to obtain clear title to the Vehicle, whichever is the lesser, in the situation that you have lost title to the Vehicle in the Full Carjam Report because the Vehicle was reported to the Police as stolen at the time you obtained the Full Carjam Report and this information was available to us in the Police database but was not passed on by us.
- A sum not exceeding $250,000.00 or the market value of the Vehicle as at the date of claim or the price you paid for the Vehicle or the total owing under the registered security referred to in this clause, whichever is the lesser, if there was a registered security against the Vehicle on the PPSR at the time you obtained the Full Carjam Report and this information was available to us but was not passed on by us.
- We will not be liable in any circumstances for any indirect or consequential loss or damage or any other loss caused by us whether as a result of negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the Full Carjam Report.
- The market value of the Vehicle will be in accordance with the Dealers Guide Valuation or a mutually agreed independent valuation.
- Claims must be notified in writing to [email protected]
- You must lodge a claim with us within 5 working days of becoming aware of any problem, dispute or possible claim involving the Vehicle.
- You will assist us to recover the Vehicle from any third party and provide any information and assistance to the Police to enable any third party to be prosecuted.